Skip to main content
R3 Information for Authors
Formatting Requirements and Review Expectations
- Manuscripts must conform to the current Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA). (http://www.apastyle.org/manual/)
- Manuscripts must include an abstract of 150 to 250 words, 3-8 keywords, complete references, and a brief biographical sketch of the author(s), including affiliation and research interests.
- Manuscripts must be free of all author identifying information. Only blinded versions will be accepted.
- The recommended length for manuscripts submitted to R3 is up to 30 pages (approximately 7,500 words). Manuscripts over 30 pages will not be accepted for review without extenuating circumstances for which Editor approval is required for submission. Note that pages here include the body of the manuscript, references, and all tables and figures.
- Each manuscript must be typewritten, double-spaced throughout (including references), use “Times New Roman” font (size 12), and use one-inch margins on the top, bottom, and sides.
- Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce copyrighted information and materials. Submitting a manuscript indicates that the author(s) agree(s) to transfer of copyright to R3.
- Submitted manuscripts that correctly follow the submission guidelines will be reviewed initially at the editorial level. Submissions found to be outside the scope of R3, incomplete or incorrectly formatted per R3 submission guidelines or APA standards, or not meeting standards of sufficient quality may be subject to desk rejection.
- Submissions that meet these criteria are reviewed by a minimum of two reviewers via blind review procedures. R3 strives to return submissions to authors within 90 days of submission.